The PaperlessCockpit.com e-Flight Log Community Project is an effort to develop a mobile, cross platform, professional-grade flight log. The first phase of this project will focus on developing a stand-alone flight log that save log information for a single flight in a spreadsheet or other file-based storage. The resulting self-contained document can be emailed, uploaded or printed.
During the prototyping stage, project participants have developed a Microsoft Excel based electronic flight log that may be of use to operators today.
e-Flight Log (v. 0.31) has the following features:
- Compatible with most applications capable of reading .XLSX documents.
- Compatible with iOS 5 devices, including the iPhone and iPad, running Docs to Go Premium
- Usable in Part 135 operations as well as Part 91 operations.
- Calculates BLOCK and FLIGHT times based on OUT,OFF,ON,IN.
- Calculates engine times for up to three engines.
- Can be printed to standard 8.5 in by 11 in paper.
- Released under an Open Source License so users can customize to their needs.
If you are interested in participating in development of the e-Flight Log, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you find this project useful, please make a donation to PaperlessCockpit.com Community Projects to ensure projects like this can continue.